Frequently Asked Questions

Find My Carer carefully vet each applicant to ensure only the best of care for your loved one. Each carer undergoes a strict interviewing process before their profile becomes live on our website and they begin work for our clients. 

Our Service

Find My Carer is a introductory service.  You enter your care requirements and are shown the carers who match in your location.  You can then “enquire” and a member of the FMC team will be in touch to start arranging care.

Each carer on the system enters their own hourly rate, the price you see is the price you pay with no hidden extras, charges or supplements.

The DBS or Disclosure and Barring Service helps us vet our carers and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children and the elderly.

We’re based on the South Coast of England and our current focus is on Hampshire and Dorset.  However we’re rapidly expanding and new carers are joining us all the time.  If you’re looking for care outside of this area do sign up so we can let you know as soon as we have someone available.

Becoming a Carer

The first step to applying is filling in our online application form here.  This is followed by a short telephone interview and an induction day.  We’ll need to run you through a DBS check and verify your qualifications and experience.  Once you’ve completed your online profile you’re all set to use the Find My Carer introductory system.

We’re not a domiciliary care agency but rather an introductory service.  We have enquiries for nurses, carers, drivers and even gardeners.  So, as long as you pass our checks there could well be someone looking for your help!

We check that you have the correct minimum qualifications for the services you offer.  For example, if you are a nurse would need to see evidence of a relevant qualification and we would check for a valid NMC pin and membership of the RCN or other union that covers public liability.  

You don’t need a UK passport but you do need to prove you are eligable to work in the UK.